A CHARACTER BUILDING WEEK

Familia y Amigos, 

Hiiiii. You already know I am about to say I don't have a lot of time this week. Well it's the truth. I love you all so much. 

A couple of you asked me if my two investigators got baptized this week. Nope. One of them couldn't because she missed to many Sundays recently by going out of town and the other one just wanted to wait a little longer to make sure what she was doing was the right thing! We have rescheduled one of the baptisms for this Saturday and the other one is on hold for now. It's sad that we have to move them, when people don't keep their commitments, but it's amazing when they do!! If people only understood what blessing were waiting for them through making the covenant of baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, they would be flocking to the baptismal fonts. But alas, it is not so. So I am trying to be patient and let the Spirit work on them some more. I have complete faith that they will both get in the water soon. Please pray for them!

Speaking of faith, and having faith in investigators... I am reading all the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) before Christmas and would totally invite you guys to do the same. It's a great way to learn of Christ and His life and ministry before we celebrate His birth on December 25. Anyway, While I was reading in Luke earlier in the week, I came across a story that I was really familiar with. In Luke 5 Christ is healing many people who are sick and afflicted. In verse 18 it talks about some men who are seeking for a way to bring a man, sick with the palsy, unto Jesus. They end up climbing on the roof and lowering him down into the house. Verse 20 is the one I love so much, it says: "And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee." I love that it says Jesus healed the man when he saw THEIR faith. (I also love that Jesus forgives his sins before his physical needs, because we all know spiritual needs and sicknesses are greater- but that's a story for another day). Anyway, We need to be like those friends. We need to make sure that we are doing all we can to bring our friends and family and neighbors unto Christ. We need to lay them before Him and let Him heal them through OUR faith! We teach our investigators every day to read and pray and have faith. We all, I especially, need to make sure that we are practicing that principle.

I have another challenge for you as well, count your blessings. I didn't realize how much I had before coming to the mission. We are all so blessed. If you are sitting in front of your computer, or checking my blog on your phone, with shoes on your feet and full cupboards of food, you are extremely blessed. Remember that this week as we celebrate Thanksgiving! We need to count our many blessings every day. Name them one by one. And I promise, it WILL surprise you all that The Lord has done. 

I love you. I love this work. I love my companion. I love California. 

Have a great Thanksgiving!! 

Con Amor, 
Hermana Rutherford