THE TEMPLE

Family and Friends,

I can never think of clever titles for my emails. How embarrassing.

Anyway, this week has been pretty amazing! The highlight of the first half of my week was that we got to go to the Temple. I can't express how much I love the temple. It is truly the House of the Lord. It is filled with peace and love and enlightenment and every time that I am able to attend, I feel such a Spirit and rejuvenation fill my soul. I wish I could go to the temple every week, but since I can't, I truly treasure the times when I am able to be spiritually uplifted in such a sacred and holy place! Especially on my mission, when I am truly in need of the guidance of the Spirit, I feel so blessed to be able to go to the Temple and receive personal revelation and revelation for those I am serving as well! I feel so blessed to be able to have a temple so close to my mission and to my home. I pray that I can always live in such close proximity as to be able to attend on such a regular basis. 
On Saturday, after a lot of rejection, we weren't sure who to go visit, but after some prayer and planning went to visit the family of Carlos and Maritsa. I had met them once before, but didn't know them very well and didn't know how they would receive us. When we pulled up, one of their little girls, Celeste, saw us through the window and got really excited. She ran in and told her mom "las misioneras estan aqui!!" When we knocked on the door they were all gathered around and welcomed us in with lots of hugs! It just so happens that that very day was Celeste's birthday. Guess how old she was turning... EIGHT! We had a really good lesson on church and invited them to come. They agreed (well, Carlos wasn't there, but the rest of them did). This family really doesn't have a lot of money so we found out that Celeste wasn't able to have a birthday party or get any presents, but she was okay with it. She is such a sweet little girl! We gave lots of hugs to say goodbye and then walked back to our car. There was a little store nearby so we drove over and bought some cupcakes and a huge birthday balloon. When we went back to the house, Carlos was home. They let us in again and Maritsa (the mom) started crying with happiness that we had brought some simple treats for her sweet daughter!! We were so happy we could make their day. As soon as Celeste got the cupcakes she opened them right up and started passing them around to all her siblings, her parents, and of course to her favorite missionaries! We recommitted them to coming to church, this time with Carlos included and then left for the night. Sunday morning, bright and early we got a call from Maritsa saying that she really wanted to come to church but they didn't have a ride. SHE CALLED US! Ahhh. You best believe we found them a ride and all 6 of them came to church yesterday :) They really enjoyed it and can't wait to come next week. We are going to see them tomorrow and get them on date for baptism! The Lord is good!
Training is going really well. I can't complain at all. Hermana Rasmussen seems "pre-trained" in a lot of areas. We are working a lot on our Spanish, and we have the Lord on our side, so things are going pretty great! She is a really hard worker and that's all I can ask for! We work diligently every day and come home exhausted. It's a wonderful feeling. One thing I love about her is that even when we can't see the fruits of our efforts right away she is always whispering "just planting seeds". I know that we truly are planting seeds every where we go and I would ask you all to do the same thing! Continue to plant seeds for your neighbors, your friends, and your family. I know that God will be on your side as you do this!

Con Amor, 
Hermana Rutherford

My little cutie and I at the beautiful Redlands Temple on Thursday!! 


This says "call for prayer", we didn't put it there. But I wish we had.
Seems like a really good finding technique!


The Young Women were selling "cake jars" as a fundraiser for girls camp. They were sooo yummy. I'll have to learn how to be domestic one day!


PS. Shout out to my big sis Karen and her husband, Trevor, for making an adorable little baby boy. I can't wait to meet you, Jasper!