ALGO DIFERENTE

Ayyye. Well, I'm finally getting transferred away from Hemet! Riverside is calling my name!! I will be serving there with Hermana Engberson and I will still be on the MLC as an STL. Wow. I can't believe I finally get to serve in the city! At the beginning of my mission I never thought I would serve in Riverside, in fact, I didn't even really want to, I was content with the little towns, but now I'm real excited. It feels right. I know that's where I'm needed, and exactly what I need as well. Hermana Babb will be staying here in Hemet with Hermana Gomez and Hermana Horne is going HOME to Florida. I'll just say it's been a weird last couple of days.

Elder Hamula of the Seventy will be coming to Riverside in two weeks for a mission tour! Wooo, how exciting! The west half of the mission (which now includes me) will be meeting with him on the 8th and then the MLC will be meeting with him again on the 12th. I am really looking forward to this time that we will have with him and for the beautiful insight and inspiration that he will shed on our mission! I am so grateful for inspired leaders in the Church! 

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:1-5,14). 
This is beautiful to me. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the Word and the Light. I love the title of "The Word". What is the word? Jesus Christ taught us that our word should be our deed, that it is a covenant. Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Anything that God asked Him to do, He did it. Jesus Christ came to fulfill all the prophecies given of a Savior. He came to fulfill their word. I love this concept as we think about how Jesus Christ was able to heal both physically and spiritually during His mortal ministry. He was able to forgive sins, to make people clean by their faith and works. He was able to do so even BEFORE He atoned for those sins. How? Because His word was His deed. He came to fulfill all righteousness and to accomplish the will of The Father. To Him, there was never any doubt, nor to His Father. Christ said He would, so He did. How grateful am I for His word and for His fulfillment of all He promised us. I know that because of Him, we have the opportunity to live with God again. Let us make our word our deed. Remember your covenants, both at baptism and in the temple. Never forget them, live faithfully, just as He did, and we will be able to inherit all the Father has.

I hope you all had a great Christmas! I know I did. What a beautiful time of year, in which many are joined together in remembering and worshiping our Savior, Jesus Christ. I was able to talk with my family on Christmas, so that was awesome. It was the last time I'll talk to them until I come home in March (let's not talk about that). Anyway, it was a really great time. I hope you all kept your Christmas Christ-centered!! I love you alllllllll!

The Castro family with all the missionaries from our ward! They got married and baptized last week. I love them!!


Hermana Fonseca. I'm gonna miss her!


Con Amor, 
Hermana Rutherford