ONE TRANSFER DOWN

*** Note -  This post didn't post properly at the time and is really from Dec. 15th.

Ayyyyye, 

No puedo creer. I have already been here for 6 weeks?? On my mission for 3 months. This is crazy! But at the same time. This is all I've ever known. My soul feels good here. I know this is where I am supposed to be!

I wasted all my time this week looking at pictures. Lo siento! Also, trying to write people in Spanish takes a lot more time then in English. Hopefully that changes someday soon :) My Spanish has been improving a lot lately and that is super exciting, but when I hear two natives talk to each other I realize I still have a long way to go!! Pray for me and my tongue. Haha! Thanks. 

This week has been crazy. There was tons of rain, which was super surreal, but I loved it. We had a ward Christmas party (BOMB- those tamales though. Literally, no words), I went on exchanges to Moreno Valley for the day with one of my STL's (Sister Training Leaders), andddd we had transfers. Obviously Hermana Castrillon and I stayed because I am still being trained (6 more weeks to go, wooo!). Which I am super thankful for, because she is the most amazing missionary in the world and I love her to pieces. She teaches me so much. every. single. day. That's a story for another time though. Hermana Bowen (who was living in our apartment) got transferred to Little Lake in Hemmett. So basically I feel like part of my heart is being torn out and taken with her! She has taught me so so much and I will miss her, but I know The Lord directs this work and that is where she is needed! Another boy in our district is leaving too, Elder Pratt. And we will be getting a brand new GREENIE for my district leader to train on Wednesday. So I won't be the youngest anymore!! 

As for the spiritual side of missionary work this week, it's been up and down. Lots of people apparently don't like blessings because they don't want to keep their commitments! And we planned to have about 7 people at church but only 2 showed up. One of our investigators ended up in the hospital, and so his mom stayed with him (that's 2 down) and then another one got deported to mexico... so basically Satan is working hard on us. He knows we have so much potential here! Please pray for my area.

I love you guys. I want to share this message with the whole world. Thus my mantra for this week is Mosiah 28:3: "Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble."

I will write more next week. I promise!!

Con Amor, 
Hermana Rutherford 

All of us last Pday being dead after eating mounds of Buffalo Wild Wings



Comp unity!! Matching Christmas sweaters. Expect cards soon :) Please send me addresses!! :)