I'M BASICALLY MEXICAN

Hollllaaaaa mis amores,

Well I'm writing today (Tuesday) because yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so the library was closed, and that's where we do our emailing! But today it's open, so here I am!! Anyway, yesterday for Pday, I was basically a Mexican. It was great! We had our Stake mission activity (all the missionaries in the stake, about 30) got together in the morning to play futbol. We played for about 2 1/2 hours. Woooo. I got super beat up because the ground was soaking from the sprinklers, so we all kept slipping around. I have a bruise the size of a grapefruit, I'll send a picture next week. And I'm not good at futbol, but it was fun to try! I was super good on defense, intimidation factor, you know. Those Elders were trembling in fear haha. Then after futbol, we went and did our grocery shopping. We were obviously hungry after running around for hours kicking a ball in the sun, so we decided to make some food. What did we decide to make? Guacamole. Claro! After maing the guac, we went back and played futbol for another 2 hours! This time was with our ward at the stake center. With lots of the youth and all the missionaries in our ward and some investigators as well! Futbol is so much more fun when you speak Spanish. Don't ask me why, but it's true! Also, my companion taught me how to dance the bachata.

This week has been a good one! We had interviews with our Mission President. It was awesome to meet with him one on one and to learn a little bit more about what he expects of me, and how he feels like I'm doing at this time! With transfers coming up on Saturday (Saturday we find out, and Monday we actually do the transfers), everyone has kind of been on edge. I have been too. It's really nerve-wracking to think that I'm no longer a "greenie" and that I'm going to be in charge of taking over the area! Most likely Hermana Castrillon and I will be split up and I'll stay here in this area. I mean, I guess we never know, but that's the most likely scenario. Then I'll get a new companion (who hopefully speaks Spanish better than I do). I'll let you know how all of that goes next week! 

I've been studying in the scriptures a lot this week looking for answers for my investigators and instead have found many of my own! One of my favorites this week is from 2 Nephi chapter 9 verse 49, it says: "Behold, my soul abhorreth sin, and my heart delighteth in righteousness; and I will praise the holy name of my God." My soul, and your soul should all abhor sin. We should stay as far away from sin as possible and quake and tremble in the thought of sinning. Although, we will all sin every single day. But thus, God created repentance and provided a way, through His Son, that we can turn away from that ungodliness and repent. I am so thankful for repentance! I need to be better every single day. And I can, with His divine help.

The other scripture I loved was in Luke 10:8  "And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you" This is just hilarious because people are always trying to feed us way too much and some really strange things. The Lord knew, and so He gave this counsel! I guess I have to eat it all :)

I love you all. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Rutherford


PS. GO SEAHAWKS :)