MOTHER'S DAY

This week was just one of those weeks, you know? 

There were a lot of really great little miracles that happened, but there were also lots of downfalls. During our weekly planning session we were inspired to plan for the baptism of one of our former investigators who was soooo close at one point. We had been trying to get in contact with him for awhile in vain, but felt strongly that he had a lot of potential and could be baptized in the next coming weeks. The next day, we got a call from him saying he had gotten a new phone number and he wanted to meet with us again. He confided in us and let us know that he hadn't been keeping all the commandments that we had taught him, and that he needed a lot of help. Unfortunately with his work schedule, he wasn't able to make it to church this week, but he is planning to come next week. We feel so blessed that he reached out to us in that way the very next day after praying about and planning for him. His name is Jose Arellano, and prayers would be really appreciated! 

Maria Orozco got confirmed yesterday and it was an amazing experience. She could instantly feel the difference and I could see the bright shining Spirit in her countenance. What a truly amazing gift our Heavenly Father has given us that we can have a member of the Godhead, namely The Holy Ghost, with us at all times and in all places in order to lead and guide us to safety! I am incredibly grateful for that blessing in my life and the fact that I have to share that joy and comfort with others is one of the main reasons I'm on my mission. God is so good. 

Obviously one of the biggest blessings I had this week was getting to talk to my family on Mother's Day. I am so glad and reassured to know that my family is doing well back in Washington. In Doctrine and Covenants 31 it says 
"Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.
...You shall begin to preach from this time forth, yea, to reap in the field which is white already to be burned. 
Therefore, thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your back, for the laborer is worthy of his hire. Wherefore, your family shall live.
Behold, verily I say unto you, go from them only for a little time, and declare my word, and I will prepare a place for them." 
I know that The Lord keeps His promises and that He is protecting my family right now on my mission. How great He is!

One of my favorite scriptures from this week is in 1 Corinthians 15:10 "But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me". I love this scripture. I know that I am who I am and what I am because of the grace and mercy of our loving Heavenly Father. I must labor even more diligently in order to bring more of my brothers and sisters to His fold and I know that as I do so, the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me will not be in vain. I also know that it is by the grace and mercy of God that I am able to work so diligently and to receive the blessings that I and my family and those on my mission are receiving at this time.

I love you all. Lots.

Con Amor, 
Hermana Rutherford