OCHO MESES

Hola todos!

Wow. 8 months have really flown by!! I can't believe how fast the time passes in the mission. I feel like I just got here, like I just finished being trained, and now I'm almost finished training someone else! I scares me. There's only 10 months left. Am I becoming who God wants me to be? Am I doing the things He would have me do? I hope so. I pray that I am.

In some ways we are able to tell when we are doing the things the Lord wants us to do. The things that He would be doing if He were here. I've had many experiences like that this week. Many times Hermana Rasmussen and I were led to people who needed us in the very moment that we arrived. We have been able to lend helping hands and open hearts to people who need them. We have been able to be extremely successful and to see the fruits of our labors. We have new investigators every week, we have people coming to church, we have the Spirit. That is the most important. As Ezra Taft Benson put it, "The Spirit is the most important single element in this work. With the Spirit magnifying your call, you can do miracles for the Lord in the mission field. Without the Spirit, you will never succeed regardless of your talent and ability". Woah, good thing it's not reliant upon our abilities and talents because I definitely wouldn't have success if it were! I am learning more and more everyday how insufficient I am alone, but how mighty and powerful I am with the Spirit of the Lord magnifying my call. 

Our work is exploding! We have so many people to teach, families and individuals. I am so sad that I will most likely be leaving this area next week. I have been here for 5 transfers and so it is probably my time to head out. It will be a hard goodbye. But I am so glad to know that my labors here have not been in vain. The next missionaries who show up here are in for a treat! Our area is poppin. How great it is to plant seeds and watch them grow. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have had to do just that over these past 5 transfers!! I'm pretty sure that Hermana Rasmussen will be staying though and I have ever confidence that she will do amazingly in this area (or any, if she were to be transferred). She is such an incredible missionary and she teaches me so much every single day.

Right now our whole mission is doing an activity where we are reading the Book of Mormon from cover to cover and highlighting throughout these things,
1. References to Jesus Christ and His names
2. Attributes of Jesus Christ
3. Words of Jesus Christ
4. Doctrine/ Principles 
It has been an incredible experience thus far. Especially as I am reading in Spanish so it's nice to really rely on the Spirit to understand all of the things that I am reading. I can feel the Spirit so strongly as I read, and I have already felt my testimony of the Book of Mormon grow. Which it has been doing immensely since I have been on my mission. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it contains the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. This book is about Him!! If you want to learn of Jesus Christ, read the Book of Mormon. If you want to increase your testimony of Jesus Christ, read the Book of Mormon. If you want to feel more peach and joy in your life, read the Book of Mormon. If you want to receive personal revelation and inspiration from God, read the Book of Mormon. I love this book! And I know that if you will read with an open heart, then you will come to love it and understand the truth it contains as well. This book is for everyone. It was written for our day and it is meant to bless everyone who will earnestly read and ponder it's message. 

I love you all. Have a great week! 

Con Amor, 
Hermana Rutherford



P.S. Sorry I couldn't write last week, it was a good one too! Some highlights were that we had Crossfit with the northern half of the mission and played soccer/ volleyball for like 4 hours on Monday and then on Wednesday we had an amazing Multi Zone meeting in Moreno Valley. Super good! I wish you could have all been there.