WAIT ... WHAT?

Hello all, 

First off, I just want to thank all of you who have been praying for Sulma, Juan, and Rogelio the past week. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. Never forget that. They got kicked out of their house on Monday morning and we were scrambling in order to find them a place to stay. Some amazing members in our ward took them in on Monday night and let them stay in their house. This family is one of the most amazing families I've ever met!! We were so excited that they found a place to stay and everything was going really well. Rogleio was sooo excited for his baptism, and Sulma and Juan also FINALLY excepted a baptismal date of the 26th of July. Everything was going perfectly! We were sad that they had lost their place to stay but Sulma was sure that it was a testament of her need to be baptized as the only thing that was holding her back before was living with her boyfriend, and she was no longer doing so. Their conviction was so strong! Nothing was going to stop them. Then Sulma's mom got ahold of them, and invited them to go stay with her in LA. Sulma and her mom don't have a great relationship but because her mom was reaching out to her in her time of need she accepted the gesture and they left. And that's it. We completely lost contact with them. Their cell phones had been being paid by the ex-boyfriend and so we think he just shut them off. We don't know how to get in touch with them. Sunday came and went and they didn't show up to church services or to the church when we had the baptism scheduled. We are not too sure about what to do now, but we know it is in the hands of the Lord. We will continue praying and working. They are so ready for baptism, and we know this is what is going to help them the most in their lives right now and for the eternities as well, so we won't give up.

We seemed to hit a lot of dead ends this week although Hermana Emerson and I have been working extremely diligently. Sometimes I just suppose that God has a different plan than we do. His way is better than mine and so I will continue to work to fulfill His and not mine. We are still working with a few of the old investigators we had, but we are definitely on the hunt for new ones. Hemet is about to get a face lift! 

Speaking of Hemet... I'm staying here! We had our transfer calls on Saturday and Hermana Emerson will be heading to Menifee to be with Hermana Lindsey (I was in the CCM with her!). Hermana Lindsey is a great missionary and they will be really amazing together. I feel so blessed to have been able to train Hermanita Emerson and see all the wonderful progress she has made as a missionary. At first she was quiet and very timid, almost insecure, in lessons and yesterday she was brave and take-charge and humble. She listens to the Spirit for guidance and then she follows it. Hermana Emerson is a hard worker and has really learned how to love the people. It has been a great journey with her! I have learned a lot by her example and genuine manner. I pray often for many of the qualities that she already has! I am so excited to see all the amazing work she has out there for her in Menifee and the miracles she will take part in! As for me, I'm staying here in Hemet. And guess what? I'm training again!! I was so surprised when I got that call from President on Saturday morning! I feel TOO blessed to be able to train ANOTHER missionary here in the California Riverside mission. As trainers we are expected to help new missionaries understand their purposes as missionaries and to fulfill that responsibility. We get to the fundamentals and learn to rely on the Spirit more than anything. As we focus on the 12 week program we learn, together, the things that a successful Preach My Gospel missionary does. What a privilege I have to learn these things again! Along with my training call I got another call to be a Sister Training Leader. STLs are the ones who conduct exchanges with other Sisters in the mission and give trainings during mission meetings. Usually STLs are companions with another STL, so I've never heard of being an STL and a trainer at the same time.Don't ask me how that's supposed to work out with me going on exchanges and all that haha. I'm going to be training a new missionary so she will be my companion companion and then with all my STL responsibilities I'm going to have a different companion. someone that is also an STL. Does this even make sense? Anyway, my STL companion is going to be HERMANA CASTRILLON!! I am so excited to be with my mom again here in Hemet and we get to do exchanges and meetings and plannings and trainings all together. But I get to train too. Holy shmokes it's going to be too crazy, but we'll figure it out!! I am toooo blessed and I can't wait to see all the wonderful things that are in store for me, my companions and this area for the next transfer or two! 

Because I'll be staying here in Hemet, I'll still be living at the same address! That's: 
1972 W Acacia #69 
Hemet, CA
92545

Thank you for all your support and love toward me and my missionary service! I love you all. 

Con Amor, 
Hermana Rutherford

1 Corinthians 2:9 Love God. 

I don't know why our faces are all blurred but we went to a birthday party and a little girl gave me a crown of flowers!!