MISSION TOUR

A todos, 

This week our mission had Elder Hamula, of the Seventy, come for a mission tour. It was really uplifting and inspiring meeting. He taught a lot about repentance. Teaching it to our investigators, and also how we need to be living it in our lives every single day. Repentance is progression to become more like Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. When we repent we are able to turn away from sin and mediocrity and turn toward God and greatness. I remember when I was younger I thought repentance was something awful, something only really terrible people needed to do. Now I understand that repentance is a blessing from a loving Heavenly Father who sees our divine potential! He has given us a way to develop ourselves in this life and return to Him in the life to come. I invite all of you to repent every single day and take advantage of this beautiful gift. Elder Hamula met with us on Friday and on Thursday night I got a call from my Mission President telling me that Elder Hamula had chosen me to have a special interview with him after the big meeting. It was an awesome experience in which I was able to sit down face to face with him and get to know him! He asked me lots of really great reflective questions and answered some of the ones I had as well, I came away from the interview feeling very motivated and edified!

Last night Hermana Engberson and I were sitting in the car ready to go into an appointment with some investigators we hadn't been able to see for awhile. They live in a complex with a gate that is always locked and the gate box is broken, so every time we've gone over there we just have to wait for someone to come and open the gate for us. Our investigators weren't answering the phone and we didn't have a set lesson so they weren't expecting us. The last few times we had been over it had been hard to find someone to open the gate for us and last night was looking especially discouraging. We knew we really needed to see them, so we prayed. Hard. And when we got out of the car, no one was there. No one was opening the gate and the box was still broken. After pounding in their code a couple times with no success we were about to turn around and go back hopelessly to the car, but then I just reached up my arm and poked a couple random numbers, I don't even know what numbers they were, and the gate opened. We both stared at each other and then ran up the stairs to their apartment. THEY WERE HOME! We had one of the best Book of Mormon lessons I've ever had. The Spirit was so strong. The Cortez family is on date to be baptized on the 13 of February. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and them and had led us to them last night. He is in the details of our lives. I know if we put our trust in Him then we will continue to see His hand outstretched! 

I love you all, gotta run. 

Con Amor, 
Hermana Rutherford