NEW DAY

Dear Everyone,

This week has taught me a lot. I feel that the farther into my mission I get, the more I realize that I need to change, all the things that I still haven't learned, and the immensity of my calling becomes even more real. I am so grateful for this experience. I am learning to rely on the Lord so much more than I ever have in my whole life. This week I feel that we worked really hard. We taught where we found and we tried diligently to find where we taught, although we only had one new investigator this week. Another two of our investigators dropped us and no one will accept a baptismal date. I can definitely feel the adversary working here in our area. It is difficult, but I know it is not impossible. There is success waiting to be had here. There are people who need the gospel and we just need to find them. I know that as we continue to work hard and smart, Heavenly Father will bless us. I have so much I need to work on and I am grateful everyday for the chance that I do have to get better. My mission has been incredible so far. Each day it seems to get better, no matter how hard it is. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.

Hermana Sager and I attended a baptism this weekend for our Zone Leaders (Elder Thompson and Gillette), in the Diamond Valley ward. The Sister getting baptized has family in our area whom they wanted to introduce to us. Unfortunately, for them and us, they didn't show up. But I know that we were supposed to be at that baptism. I had been struggling a lot that day to know what more we could do to help our investigators progress and enter into the waters of baptism themselves... As the Elders taught the Restoration, I felt the Spirit stronger than I had in a long time. As I listened to those Elders testify of the love our Heavenly Father has for us, I knew that this was my answer. Basics. We need to help people feel God's love and understand that because He does love us so much that we have been blessed with the Restoration. Sometimes I try to make missionary work too complicated. Really it's not. 

Thank you for your continued support and love. Have a great week, all.

Con Amor, 
Hermana Rutherford